10 Daily Affirmations
- Recovery is absolutely possible and achievable for me.
- I will practice being disloyal to dysfunction and loyal to functionality.
- I give myself permission to connect to loving, affirmative, strong, sensitive, accepting men and women in my community.
- I release and forgive myself for any responsibility I have accepted in the past for my abuse.
- The abuser (s) from the past chose to hurt me; I will stop repeating the lie that it just happened to me.
- Offering myself daily compassion is necessary for my healing and growth.
- I commit to connecting to the boy inside me today so we can play, laugh and experience joy together, even if just for a minute or two.
- I believe deep inside me I possess the ability to face the truth of my abuse and to learn to use new tools for healing.
- I have the right and the ability to speak the truth of my abuse and deserve to be heard, understood, believed and supported.
- Feeling is healing; as I heal, I develop the ability to experience a wider range of emotions to enhance my health and connections to others.
To learn more about Dr. Howard Fradkin, click here
For more information on MaleSurvior's Weekends of Recovery,
For information on healing resources near you, click here