MaleSurvivor Healing Events
MaleSurvivor has been conducting 3-Day Weekends of Recovery (WOR’s) and single day Day of Recovery (DoR) workshops throughout the US & Canada since 2001. Facilitated by a team of trained therapists and educators who adhere to the highest ethical standards of their clinical professions. These healing weekends provide adjunctive support for any male – 18 or older – who has been sexually victimized as a child and/or as an adult. Participants are engaged in creating an environment that provides safety for the wide range of diversity amongst attendees at each weekend.
What Can You Expect?
- During either a WoR or DoR, you’ll have the opportunity to learn some new skills that can help you feel safer and more grounded as you continue to work on your recovery.
- You’ll also have a chance to tell the story of the abuse done to you with safety and the support you’ve always deserved.
- You’ll have a chance to take steps to remove some of the blocks that may be in your way of making additional progress.
- And you’ll be joining a community of men, over 1200 at present, who also have benefitted from participating in a weekend, and discover how to build your support network once you go home
- (click here for testimonials)
For more detailed information about upcoming the WoR’s and DoR’s, click here.
If you have any questions about the Weekends of Recovery please contact one of the WOR Co-Chairs: Howard Fradkin at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jim Struve at email@example.com
If you have any questions or difficulties with this page please contact Trisha Massa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for a scholarship
Our goal is for the WOR’s to be accessible to men of all financial means. Therefore, we have a robust Scholarship Fund to provide financial assistance for applicants who experience financial hardship. To apply for a scholarship grant to attend a WOR, please click here – download and complete the scholarship application form, then submit to Jim Struve (WOR Co-Chair) at WORScholarship@MaleSurvivor.org
Support healing for survivors
We rely on contributions to maintain our Scholarship Fund. Very often financial limitations are a significant obstacle for male victims who would like to attend one of our events but who are unable to get the costs of attending covered by insurance or victim compensation funds. Our staff donate thousands of hours a year in order to keep the registration fees as low as possible, however we still cannot operate the program without major financial support.
To make a donation click on the Donate button above.