Please Note: The applications for presentations for the Male Survivor 2010 International Conference: Relief, Healing and Hope will be sent out by February 28, 2009.
About the Male Survivor International Conference: Relief, Healing, and Hope for Male Survivors: This international conference provides a unique opportunity for personal and professional growth, networking, and the dissemination of new knowledge in the area of sexually traumatized boys and men. This four day event will feature numerous workshops for male survivors of sexual abuse, their loved ones/partners, and professionals who work with them.
When: March 18-21, 2010
Presentation Information: Presentations need to be approximately 90 to 180 minutes in length, and can be presented in the form of lecture, psycho-educational and/or experiential format. The presentations should be relevant to any or all of the following groups of attendees: Adult male survivors of sexual abuse, their spouse/significant other and family, clinical and social service professionals, lawyers and other legal professionals, researchers, educators and students.
We are looking for presentation abstracts concerning the dissemination of new knowledge in the area of male victimization, which may include:
- Clinical issues in treating male sexual abuse survivors in various modalities
- Application of research that directly impacts clinical practice
- High risk behaviors and addiction
- Evaluation and assessment of trauma
- Treatment outcome data policy and ethical issues/legal trends
- Legal trends and law enforcement issues
- Advocacy and developing community support groups
- Healing process and personal growth beyond the abuse
- Issues of sexuality, sexual orientation, and identity confusion
- Developing healthy relationships
- Overcoming behavioral sequelae of abuse: sex and substance addiction, acting out, etc.
- Working with the media
- Support for the spouse/significant other and family
- Diversity: cultural, generation/age, sexual orientation
- Helping the helper and countertransference in the therapeutic dyad
- All other presentation topics will be considered