I suppose being a Survivor means that you can come here and:

1/ Say what you think and have others understand no matter how different our circumstances may have been.

2/ Just read what others have written without having to post a reply even if you really feel that you should.

3/ Really wanting to start and post your own feelings here, but deciding not to, because it is not really what you want to do at that time.

4/ Feeling guilty knowing that you are progressing, when others still appear to be suffering, because they still blame themselves for what happened.

5/ Know that you want to put your past where it deserves to be (in the past), but also knowing that if you forget, then there is more chance of it happening again either to yourself or someone else.

6/ Know that you/we are not alone!

I could add more!

Being a Survivor is having Self Respect? That takes a bit more working on, but I believe that it is achievable! What have any of us ever done that we should now disrespect ourselves? It was never our fault!!!

Larry - there are many things that sustain us through the darkest hours - I think that what keeps me going is that: "I believe that the majority of humans are good in nature, and that they would not willingly harm others. Why should the minority be allowed to destroy our souls?"

Best wishes ...Rik