That has been my fear as well.

But the groundswell of support and unity (and I HATE jumping on bandwagons) of this nation's people has been keeping me on the verge of tears all day. This is

I am not a supporter of Bush. He has not done anything yet during his presidency to inspire any trust in me. He is our president, and he is the one sitting in the seat that will determine the fate of our nation's future.

But a piece put together by a local radio station set a number of sound bites to the Lenny Kravitz song "Let Love Rule" really made me think. It had many pieces of Bush's recent address, and in that address, Bush did say "We will be patient." I certainly hope that he stands by that statement, and didn't merely provide lip service as a political ploy. I even know that the piece certainly works as propaganda, but since I stand by the message, I won't feel manipulated; it was preaching to the choir.

The calls for war, and destruction are in the minority, from what I can tell. And that pleases me to no end.

I would like to see justice done. Not revenge or payback. Justice. I want to see that those responsible for the deaths of so many are held accountable for their actions, and kept from doing such harm ever again. I'm not even calling for a death sentence (though I certainly won't be surprised if that is the result). Those decisions are out of my hands.

Even the Nazis were stood before a court. And Hitler himself took the coward's way out. The path the terrorists are on ends in violence and death. I'd rather the US wasn't responsible for making that decision. Somehow, I feel that even if we DON'T pursue such a course, that the terrorists will go down in a blaze of glory, of their own making.

I am just sickened of any more senseless killing. This tragedy should be showing us the VALUE of LIFE (and the actions of US citizens everywhere attest to that). The terrorists have succeeded in bringing out the best parts of our human nature.

I don't even want to make this about being "American;" this is about humanity. The freedom provided by the American government has allowed us the to become anything we want (just as I talked in "Deep Thoughts" about God giving Man self-determination). So let's make sure that we use that freedom to choose peace, love, and respect for life that make humans so special.

I have been feeling love for people I don't know, and grieving for strangers, and it has been an overwhelming experience. But I would rather be overwhelmed by more love than I expected, than to be overwhelmed by despair.

We're in this together.

Jeremy