Alright Bos'
I read your post yesterday and have wondered about it some since then.
Does SA at an early age cause physical illness as well ? I don't know, but I do know that I have a couple of fairly unusual ailments. Firstly I have sleep apnoea, a very "physical" problem I know, but it started at the same time as the abuse. A link to these two is pretty remote i guess.
My other ailment is migraneous neuralgia ( aka hortons neuralgia, cluster headache ) not related to migraine at all, but a suicidal pain down one side of the face and head caused by the nervous system in the face going ape-shit. At it's worst it was twice a day for 90 minutes a time.Thankfully it's less now, Again this complaint hasn't been "medically" linked to stress or any other "mental" problem. But since I've progressed thorough my recovery it's faded dramatically.
But I would be interested in hearing from anyone with unusual "physical" ailments, maybe stress etc can be a trigger for these things.
Sorry this doesn't directly address your question Bos', but it just made me wonder.

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
Henry David Thoreau