After a year on klonopin, and feeling quite improved the last several months, I've just slowly weaned myself off. My psychiatrist warned me when I started that he didn't want me on for more than 3-4 months because it's addictive; I really didn't like the sound of that, but I was on a low-ish dose (1 per day) so as time went on and we kept agreeing to keep me on it he kept saying it wasn't that bad.

Been about 4 days since my last dose.

I can't help but notice that I feel conspicuously anxious in the 1-2 hours following the time that would normally have been my dose. More disappointingly I am finding it difficult to fall asleep at night, even when very tired. It takes probably 90 minutes, and of course all that time lying in the dark and quiet is a great way to get your mind on annoying or unhelpful thought tracks :p One of the accelerating factors of my nervous breakdown in 2012 was a total inability to sleep, and I still remember the defectiveness and humiliation I felt when it looked like my ability to sleep like a normal man had been taken from me by the perp and I could only do it by being drugged.

Has anybody ever come off this stuff and had GOOD outcomes in terms of restoring stable sleep patterns? Thanks....

My story

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of Heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny