I've been reading poetry at lunch. One of my favorites is Lawrence Ferlinghetti. A girl I dated in high school gave me one of his collections of poems and I have loved him ever since. The girl I dated is now a lesbian, work at hospice, and drinks too much. But Ferlinghetti stuck.

I've been feeling really lost lately. Anxious. Like a lot of life is a routine chore. It's not that I am sad, and I feel grateful for what and who I have in my life, but there is an empty space. A lot of times I feel like I am marching in place and every day is more of the same and less of the different. I'm hoping the new meds my doc prescribed will help with all of it. I really want a short vacation from life - a bit of time to calm down and clear my head. I get lost in my phone a lot - jumping wherever the next wikapedia link sends me. This lets me check out and just get by, but its improvement - I can do so now with other people in the room, instead of going off to the bedroom alone. Its a start, but not much of one.

I've been think a lot of Ferlinghetti, and I think maybe I am just waiting.

"I am waiting for the Great Divide to be crossed
and I am anxiously waiting
for the secret of eternal life to be discovered
by an obscure general practitioner
and I am waiting
for the storms of life
to be over
and I am waiting
to set sail for happiness" - Lawrence Ferlinghetti
that the worst is all behind you
And the waves that tossed the raft all night
have set you on dry land