Well I guess I should start with why I'm here. I don't remember when it started, but for probably most of my early childhood I was abused by my uncle. He lived in another city and visited a few times a year. When I was about 12-13, I remember coming to the realization that what he was doing was definitely not normal. When i was 14, I told my parents what was happening and luckily they believed me, I haven't seen him since.

Today I'm 21 and work full time in the running trades. I feel like what happened to me back then is still effecting me to this day. I have a lot of anxiety around relationships, and feel like I'm isolating myself from most people. The only time I've ever seen anyone about this was when I was 14, and I remember thinking back then I was fine. I don't feel like that's the case anymore, I almost feel shame when I think about what happened yet I know it wasn't my fault. Some days I feel hopeless about my life, I feel inadequate about being a man. Just writing this stirs up a lot of nasty emotions, but I know it has to be done. Thanks to anyone that reads this and/or responds.