Originally Posted By: GoldStone
This notion has been my roadblock since i can remember.
Why would a person be so incapable (unwilling) to appreciate that women are sexual beings?
We have the term same sex attraction. Is there also opposite sex "distraction"?

Theres nothing wrong with you Goldstone. Women cetainly are sexual beings, but their sexuality is so different from men's that they might as well be a different species! We are constantly stimulated by testosterone, and are so easily aroused by sights, sounds, smells, and those constant sexual thoughts, that we are prepared for sex at a moment's notice. Women on the other hand have a spike in estrogen levels when they are ovulating, so they become most interested in sex for the one week each month when they are most likely to become impregnated. Women often are most aroused when there is a bond of emotional intimacy, while men often see the connection between love and sex as optional. A nice idea, but not a neccesity.

There is an old saying that "Men give love to get sex, and women give sex to get love" From my experience, that is true. The woman who writhes and moans along with you in bed, is rarer than the one who lays there and waits for you to finish. Such is the mystery of love and sex.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown, the dream is gone
And I have become comfortably numb."
Pink Floyd