Good morning Grinning,

First of all thank you for the long post. I am humbled that someone who doesn't know me, would write such compassion and understanding.

Your comment about your son being an extension of you and you carry his pain like it was your own. I can totally relate....

Michael is currently in a 10X10 cell as of yesterday. he's been in an open brig atmosphere for about 1 1/2 weeks. He was watching tv the other day and started peeling paint pieces off the wall. Why? I haven't a clue. I can only say that when he's bored he is very spontaneous and will do things without thinking. His punishment for "destruction of gov't property" is two weeks confined to a cell without any interaction. He only get a bible, a bed and a toilet. he eats alone. he's basically in solitary confinement for peeling paint. I'm former military so I understand military punishment, but this is ridiculous. I have a message into his Command. We'll see if they call back. He called me yesterday, scared and very upset. he called to say goodbye for two weeks. We exchanged I love yous... I tried to help him stay positive and not to succumb to the disrespect and anger the other inmates are showing to the brig staff. Michael is disgusted and angry about that. He has never been disrespectful. I told him to exercise, read the New Testament and sleep. I wish they would give him a note pad to write but they won't. he likes to write poetry and he's very good at it.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to respond. My heart is aching so much! I just want to hold my boy, kiss his beautiful face, look him in the eyes and tell him mommy will always love him and he's worth the fight. He's such a fine young man! I want to take his filthy abuser and pull his ears out. I can't imagine what Michael would be like if that hadn't happened to him. I can only pray that God will make him whole again....

With prayers and gratitude,
C-

I asked God for all the things that I might enjoy life. He gave me life that I might enjoy all things.