I read this once and the topic was to painful to comment on for me. One of the first comments to my intro was from V.V. and while it was welcoming it was also warning me to be careful. I guess I came across as too trusting of everyone here and he saw that. At first it was a scary thing to read and then I realized he was trying to protect me from getting hurt and that made me feel pretty good.

Yep, I want to see the best in everyone and love them for all their good traits. I err on the side of trusting too much these days (until i'm triggered and then go into hiding for a while). Have I been hurt? - yep. Did I go into hiding? - yep, but not for long. Have I been able to make some friends after 25 years of self isolation? - YES!

Will I ever be balanced? - can't see it happening anytime soon.

I guess my only alternative it to learn how to pick myself up better. At this rate I will get very efficient at it.

Thanks for the topic wavvver.

"Me too" - I don't think I will ever get tired of saying or hearing these two words.

My Story:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441625#Post441625