I had a lot these kinds of memories shrouded under fear. It is as if the memory is covered by the emotion of fear, the emotion is somehow tied to the suppression. You only see the emotion, the rest is suppressed, yet after it comes back you will see it affects your actions even today… It took years of nightmares to cover up the abuse to block it out and years of nightmares to come back. I had a lot of this fear before the full memories surfaced.

They started to come back 3.5 years ago. They just kept coming, and still keep coming. When the memories of the rape at 8 years old stopped coming the memories of the sexual abuse at 17 started. In fact new memories about obscure facts about the abuse at 17 have recently only surfaced. The suppression of these memories caused so many problems. If they had come back all at once it would have killed me.

I have been away from this site for awhile now. In so many ways nothing changes. People discussing the same things. Picking at it won’t do any good. I have said this many times before on this site, and seen it said many more: You will recall the memory if and when you become strong enough to handle it. Some of the obscure facts may have never been suppressed and may never come back.