Thank you foreverloved,

You make a good point that with everything going on mentally for them it's hard to focus on other things (like showing us how much we mean to them), which is very true. It's an overwhelming place to be for sure and i understand that

I think the reason it's hard for me is because i don't get to see him as often as i'd like, and we don't talk as often as we used to when he was not in this dark place. If i saw and spoke to him every day, i'm sure it would be much easier and i would be able to do little things that i can't right now, u know? i would love to just sit next to him and hold his hand and not say anything.. or surprise him with a funny movie or his favourite food or something but i can't do these things because i don't see him so i think that's what makes it challenging for me

We used to see eachother more frequently but since his depression started to really kick in, he has been very withdrawn from everyone and everything so i guess it hurts to see him like this and feel so helpless in that i can't help him

But i will keep my head up until this passes for sure, thanks for the encouragement! smile