Originally Posted By: Magellan
That sucks to hear. I live in a metro area, and the nearest mega theater complex is like 3 blocks away. The second largest is 10 blocks away.

I'm glad I made the decision to move here, sometimes. But I suffer incredibly because of how chronically lonely I am all the time.

I just can't make any friends. I just don't know how. Makes most of my days unbearably boring and makes my life feel pointless.

Hi Magellan. Sorry to hear you're feeling that way. I lead a pretty isolated life as well. Having few friends and no significant other, I've gotten used to going to movies alone. (Although, I rarely go to the movies at all any more due to the cost.) In fact, in the past 15 or so years, I've gone to the movies alone probably nine out of every ten times I've gone. Shit, I've even gone to sporting events alone at times. It feels kind of weird at first, but you get used to it. That's not to say you should just "get used to it" and give up on finding friends who could go with you, it's just that I personally don't feel weird about going everywhere on my own anymore and haven't for a long time. I suppose I shouldn't expect that others would be able to adapt, adjust to and even embrace isolation the way that I have. If you can't, good luck finding someone you click with. Everyone deserves to have a friend. Take it easy. Peace,

Ken