Last July I signed up, feeling trapped and alone and did not have a T. Since then I got one and that's helped big time, along with talking to people here. Now I'm at a place where I feel inside it's time to tell my family. At home, I got verbal and physical abuse but my relationship with my family is good now. They don't know about the perps. All of them were strangers except one guy who was a friend of my parents. I think now he's the one who introduced me to four others. So now I want to tell my family but I have no idea what to say to start. "Hey mom, we need to talk, I was molested" doesn't seem to be a good way, nothing I can think of seems like a good way. I'm afraid too that if I tell it could undo the work I've done with my family, and I don't want to go backwards. The perps are gone, all strangers somewhere in the past but I still have my family. I guess that's weird too as everything I read says most perps are known to the family. Then if I do start, I don't want to talk details or even tell about the friend of my parents. He's dead. Is this introducing a hurt into their life that is wrong since it can't change anything now? I just want them to know why I am who I am, and who I am now. At least where I'm headed and that I'm not totally broken anymore. I don't know where to go with this...