I just joined today and am stepping out of my comfort zone of silence to introduce myself. I'm 33 years old and am trying this as a way to hopefully meet others, understand that there are other people besides me who are trying to overcome. From birth to 6, I was raised in an extremely abusive household (physically, sexually, emotionally, verbally). I was pulled from the house and placed in a foster home that was not much better than the environment that I had been removed from. I was finally adopted a few years later only to end up being molested by an uncle (something that none of my family now knows about). For years, I bottled everything up....somewhat successfully, but at times completely unsuccessfully. The memories are beginning to flood back and I'm not sure what to do with it all. I have resorted to unhelpful coping mechanisms and live my life on the verge of the end on a day to day basis. I'm hoping that I can come to an understanding of everything and learn how to have relationships, learn how to trust, learn how to not be so dang angry all the time.
-K