Another surprise, hearing from yet another cousin (different aunt and uncle) via email last night. Naturally I filled her in on the Mommybitch and she was shocked because, like Joan Crawford, Mommybitch had successfully maintained a public persona to mask her abusiveness at home that led to my CSA.

Cat's out of the bag, so to speak, with the rest of the family now understanding why Dad would have found the woman intolerable and sought greener pastures.

At the end of "Mommy Dearest", Chris mentions that Crawford again has had the last word. Christina responds, "Maybe not." Having now broken the silence with most of my family, I feel similarly. To be perfectly frank, the bonus for me is that the Mommybitch is the last of that generation of family still alive, her partners in crime aren't around any longer (husband #3 and a vicious aunt) to perpetuate The Lie, she doesn't know I blew her carefully-maintained cover, and family members will now have a new, more accurate frame of reference when dealing with her bullshit. Strangely, as I endured when I was a kid, now she's the one who finds herself isolated.

I'll add that I suppose it's unavoidable, at the moment, I feel a twinge of guilt for standing up for myself and blowing the lid off the silence. As has happened previously, seems to me that will pass. I feel as if it's just a matter of the size of the step I just took. It was huge. Hell, the past five months of this have been huge.