Hi all,
Here's little background about my situation:
I was in a relationship for 4 1/2 years that ended this past August. I wanted to get married and he felt that he wasn't ready for it. He broke up with me because he said that he felt we were in different places and he didn't feel supported by me when he was trying to get into counseling for CSA. He moved out and we were apart until we ran into each other in mid-February.

During this time, he was in therapy and when I ran into him, he was about to start group therapy. He asked me if I would go out on a date with him. He confessed that he his feelings for me hadn't changed and he didn't want me to "slip away". I reluctantly agreed, but the date went really well and we've been seeing each other since.

Things have been going really well, and we've made it a point to take it slow and give each other our space. Last week I asked him if he was my boyfriend. He said that he didn't want to put labels back on things yet. Late last week he started acting distant and didn't return my text or call for a day. I went to his house because I knew he was avoiding me, but I wasn't sure why.
He confessed that he thought I was taking things more quickly than he was ready to handle, especially since his depression has gotten fairly bad since starting group therapy. I told him I couldn't go through losing him again, but I'm been reconsidering this statement.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm prepared to handle all that comes along with a partner who has dysthymic depression. I feel like most of our relationship has been about his needs and what he can handle and my needs are sometimes pushed to the side. We're supposed to have a chat tonight and I still haven't made my decision. Any partners/significant others who can offer a bit of advice?

Edited by patientlywaiting (05/01/13 01:58 PM)