time for an update.

nothing has been resolved. we don't know if the investigative team is talking to others or not - assuming so - since they asked for a list of people to contact as possible witnesses for my wife. we sill don't know the allegations or who is the accuser. it has been 13 days now since we were informed of the "concerns" and pending investigation.

it is driving us nuts!

on the plus side - there have been some wonderful demonstrations of support from friends - to the point that others are contacting the head inquisitor to speak on her behalf and he is now reprimanding us for talking about the case and breaking confidentiality! after he spread the announcement of unsubstantiated charges and the name of the suspect to a couple hundred people!!!! we don't KNOW enough yet to reveal anything that is confidential.

lots of extreme mood swings. hard to carry on as expected.

one of the hardest things for me is feeling so torn by conflicting sympathies -

i am passionately against child abuse of any kind and want every possible case to be vigorously pursued and consequences to be swift and sure.

but - this is so patently false and the accused's rights are being so blatantly violated that it is absurd - feels like Kafka's The Trial.

i crawl back here whenever i can to get grounding and comfort.
Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago