First let me say that I am thankful for tools like this sight to help in the healing process. I am in my mid 50's and have been in therapy for about six months now.
My abuse took place in high school where I attended an all boys religious boarding school for four years. It began when I was about 14, and my abuser was an upperclassman and that lasted for about 2 years and after that it continued with some staff members. I graduated in 1976 with a feeling of no self worth. I had a hard time adjusting when I left school. I felt shame and guilt. I went into the army and had a hard time adjusting. I acted out sexually and had a hard time sustaining relationships. I walked out on my wife and my 15 year old son.I have since tried to reach out to him but he won't even talk to me. I have felt that I had this deep dark secret and I was afraid that people would find out and judge me. I met my girlfriend in 2000,and I told her of the abuse that place when I was younger. About seven months ago, I was told by my brother to google one of the names of one of the priests that was on staff at my high school. There was a newspaper story and a picture of him that he was recently arrested for raping a 12year old boy back in the 80's.This new revelation brought some serios anxiety and I have been dealing with PTSD so after all these years I am finally dealing with these issues in therapy. In fact my therapist told me about this sight. It's been a struggle and I suspect it is a long road to recovery but the stories I have read from the forums have helped me with some validation and that I am not alone.