Hello, welcome to my life.
My husband is a sex addict. Masturbation was one of his addictions. It is no wonder....intimacy is scary, mb is not. They are in control. No worries about anyone else or their pleasure. No worrying about being perfect in the sack. they can go into their own fanastasy world and even get off to fantasies about their abuse. It is a nasty thing.

My husband is in recovery for sex addicts. did that stop him? It stopped the other acting oout crap but the mb thing was very hard and I caught him lying about it. Does he still do it?? I don't know but I can tell you one thing, as long as they are acting out in that way and avoiding intimacy with us, they will suffer from dysfunction.

I hardly think about what he is doing except for maybe a fleeting second but thinking about it and worrying about it aren't going to change a damned thing so I just try to enjoy my life and curse at him a bit and go back to what I was doing. Losing any sleep over it or not being able to enjoy life because I am worried about it won't stop it from happening and will just ensure that I enjoy NOTHING about my life.

Just my experience with it. If you have any questions, please contact me.