"I know exactly how you feel and have had that happen and is still happening to me this day. The only thing I can think of is that it scares them and it's such a taboo subject they do not know how to support or understand us."

As much as it sucks for us I think Randy nails this one on the head. Non-survivors have almost nothing to go by when trying to empathize with and support us. "Oh your father died/lost your job/girlfriend broke up with you/etc. I know how you feel." When it comes to other problems they get it and feel able to listen, understand, and even offer advice if not some words of condolence. When it comes to CSA I think they feel completely lost and therefore uncomfortable. This is why they avoid the subject when we are around and sometimes, unfortunately, us as well.

I agree with Randy that these are excellent educational opportunities if we so choose. As to emotional support there are always the friends willing to listen, family, therapists, support groups, and websites such as this one.