What a great question. Both my wife and I are survivors. We each had very differant reactions when married before, I went in to hypersexual behavior. In my last marriage I just could not and would not open up and talk about anything concerning sex, Now after three years of "T" I understand what screwed up so much of my life. My wife on the other had just shut down and did not engage in anything sexual. We have done "T" together and learned to talk and express ourselfs. This has taken trust which took years and a willingness to make things better. Not a easy road but the rewards for us have been great,I so regret the wasted years, the hurt I must have caused. I just did not have any idea of how the abuse of many years ago was effecting me. The turning point came from learning to be honest and open with each other with the help of a great "T". I wish all sucess in dealing with yet another effect of abuse.
it is and has been quite a trip thru life, as last I feel that I am in a better place, it takes work and in my case a wife the was and is forgiveing and helpful. At last a relationship has gone right, messed up three.