I had an appointment with my primary care physician today, and I told him about by past history of CSA. It didn't go well. He didn't seem the least bit interested - he didn't express any compassion or concern. He didn't ask if I needed to see a T, didn't make any comments about health concerns for CSA survivors, or even if anything is happening now. He just said that it seems like I've had more than my share of bad luck health wise and then said to see him in a few months. I've always been satisfied with him and our doctor/patient relationship. He's been my doctor for 13 years, and has seen me through all sorts of health problems. Up to now, he's been a great ally in the health care world and has gone the extra mile in providing care. Health care professionals today ask things like if you feel you're safe, if you're in danger, or if anyone threatening you. They're giving the impression that they're treating patients, not just treating disease. I didn't get anything that showed concern over my well being. It's left me disappointed, and a little unsettled. Did I do the right thing in telling? Has anyone else had a similar experience? Any advice for what to do now? Thanks.
Dave