Chris -

i read your new book, "Saving Chase" in two sittings. that's good news and bad news - good because it shows i really was into it - and bad because i wanted it to be longer (i like epics and if i am enjoying a story, i want it to keep going!)

i thought your protagonist was a great guy - admirable - yet with enough flaws to keep him human and easy to relate to. the perp was thoroughly despicable - appropriate emotionally for the plot - but in my experience, a bit exaggerrated - in that many perps are so ordinary as to be indistinguishable from anybody else. but the intricacy of his operation did add to the drama of the conflict and by the time the climax came i was anticipating his downfall with great excitement.

the one aspect that disappointed me was the sketchiness of the child victim. i can see how more details may have also caused lots of triggers for survivors. but i also think that for the general public - non-survivor readers, they need to have more details to understand the magnitude of the emotional and physical and psychological trauma that is involved, as well as to sympathize more strongly with him as a character.

over-all, it is a good read and a sound basis for futher adventures in the series. i look forward to reading more. (i teach high school literature and think your book is "safe" enough in the avoidance of extreme graphic scenes that i could reccommend it to some of my students.)

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago