Hey, Sam!

when i read your 1st post i heard your pain but wan't sure if i had anything to say about your issue.

my problem has been more not feeling acceptable to God. it was more like being disqualified in advance. a big "REJECT" stamped across my forehead in red. it wasn't a matter of fear of failure - that suggested that there was a hope that i might succeed. too much to even imagine. but that also implied that there was something that i could do about it to change or become worthy - and i knew that was not possible.

now, on second thought, i think maybe both issues are related. here are a couple of quotes that i have found helpful - maybe they will speak to you as well:

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
Romans 5:8 New International Version (NIV)

to me that says that there is no possibility of being disqualified, rejected, or failure! it's like being pre-qualified for a credit card - only better.

"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is."
1 John 3:1-2 NIV

that sounds like a guarantee of success, transformation, and not just acceptance - but being embraced.

"This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything."
1 John 3:19-20 NIV

i LOVE that one - God is greater than my doubts, my fears and my self-condemnation!!!

not that i have it nailed - but these are strong encouragements and something i am striving to fully believe and assimilate and apply.

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago