Jacob - if you think and feel that it was a big deal, then it was a BIG DEAL! in a conversation recently, i told my principal that only the person who is the one being spoken to has the right to say if it was verbal abuse or not. same thing here. you define it for yourself - do not accept someones else's dismissive attitude.

personally - i feel it was a big deal because i had similar things happen to me. when the step-dad married mom - that is one of my first memories of life at his house - being given enemas. the first time i was 5 1/2 and my brother was 3. after the first time i was the only one getting it. the strange thing is - i don;t think i was having any kind of bowel problems. he said he had to clean me out because i was dirty and sickly. i remember being scared and upset by it and not understanding what was happening or why. i had never had that done to me before. it felt like punishment - he seemed angry and tense. he did it several times and then he found other ways to mistreat me. i still HATE ememas and get very anxious at the thought. last week i had to have a complete physical followed by a colonoscopy - which involved an enema. i requested a general anesthesia - but the enema had to happen before they put me out. fortunately, it didn't take long and being unconscious is a really effective way of getting rid of a trigger!

so - i get where you are coming from, man! i can only sympathize about the other painful bowel troubles - and say that even if the enema was a legit treatment for the problem - the manner in which it was administered and you were treated sounds abusive to me.

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago