Hey guys,

I would imagine this is an issue for a lot of people. When something traumatic happens, people will often have changes in their belief systems, becoming more religious, less religious, or finding a new religion or philosophy all together. I think a lot of victims also find themselves where I am and that's in a state of uncertainty.

I spent my childhood and early teen years as a Catholic before becoming an agnostic-atheist. After my assault in November '12, I've been heavily re-reading the Stoics and Daoist philosophy. Daoist books seems to put me in a good place when I need to mentally escape and the Stoics have especially helped me make sense of everything that happened to me and also helped me deal with my anxieties in a rational way. I find myself subscribing more and more to the Stoic philosophy in my daily life and interactions with people and problems as they arise. I'm wondering if maybe allowing this move toward Stoicism will help my healing process even more.

Has anyone else found themselves in a transitional phase in terms of their belief? How do you navigate out?

And people of minority faiths and philosophies, how do you find community and support for your spiritual woes?

Thanks,
Ren
"Don't be ashamed to need help. Like a soldier storming a wall, you have a mission to accomplish. And if you've been wounded and you need a comrade to pull you up? So what?" Meditations of Marcus Aurelius, Book 7:7