Keeping fit can help. Thatís good.

Iíve been POZ for over 12 years. My husband has been POZ for over 30 years. It is due to the pioneers like my husband that we can have the types of medications we have today. They aren't as nearly has harmful as they once were.

I remember finding out that I had been exposed to the virus all those years ago. I was devastated. I didn't know where to turn or what to do. I was married to a woman at the time and had 4 small children.

When she found out (about my being gay and the HIV thing) she immediately kicked me out of the house and had the children tested for HIV and for being molested by me. I still find that a crazy notion - I could never harm children - much less molest them, B#$%@ please.

Anyway, the fears began to subside over the next month or so. It helped me realize just how frail I am - how all of life is. What was one of my worst fears has become one of my most liberating & life changing experiences of my entire life. It actually gave me a new hope and a new lease on life.

Oh, sure, there are millions of uneducated people in the world and folks that hate what they don't know or fear. Youíll find that in every aspect and walk of life. They can change, given time.

But what I'm finding that does not change is my renewed vigor and thirst for life. I'm 50 now. I find I can't get enough of learning and loving and laughing - a trillion times more than when I first learned of my condition.

Don't see it as a death sentence. It's just a chronic, manageable condition. Do what you must for exercise. But keep an eye on your counts and health. Even though your counts are good, I find the disease does other things to me beyond weaken my immune system.

Educate yourself. FORGIVE yourself. Find new ways to love and appreciate living, life, and you. You're worth it. Being an HIV survivor is no different than a life-time of allergies - manageable while at times just inconvenient.