If you only did your research on South Africa you would fund out that our country has gone mad, we have become the rape capitol of the world. It is now estimated that a rape takes place every few seconds, that is 2,5 million per year. (We only have a population of 50 million) If SA follows international trends 10% of all rapes, 250 000 males would be the victims. Less than 0,2% of all rapists would be found guilty in a court of law. As a citizen of South Africa you have more chance of getting raped than learning to read.

Please support us in our efforts to getting heard.

Real men do not rape
Real men can get raped

This is why I started SAMSOSA, set up the web page SAMSOSA that has had 20000 hits, climbed Kilimanjaro Climbing Kilimanjaro for Male Survivors for all males who have been abused. Yet very few males ever come forward. We recently set up a Facebook page
South African Male Survivors Of Sexual Abuse
and men are too scared to leave a comment. Our society in South Africa needs a major paradigm shift. Too many are suffering in silence. What about our female counterparts they must be living in fear.

I'm so angry that in vertically every rape case in South Africa, a male, is the perpetrator.

What has happened to men that they can behave in this way?

I'm personally paying for Mike Lew to come to South Africa in September, we need to do something to bring about change.

Below is a news article that did not even appear on TV or in print.....our society does not care.

[/b]Mahikeng - Rape has reached alarming and unacceptable levels, North West Premier Thandi Modise said on Saturday.

"Real men need to stand up to be counted against sexual violence which cuts across race, gender and class," she said.

She was condemning an incident in which a man was gang-raped allegedly by six men in Mooinooi near Rustenburg.

The 33-year-old man reported the incident to police on Friday after he was taken to a hospital.

Brigadier Thulani Ngubane said the man was hitchhiking from work in Rustenburg to his home in Kroondal on Thursday when a white Toyota Hillux bakkie with six men stopped to offer him a lift.

"Allegations... state that the driver of the vehicle passed Kroondal and did not stop for the victim," said Ngubane.

"It is further alleged that the suspects demanded the victim's wallet with intentions to rob him and it was empty."

They drove to a nearby bush, drugged him and covered his head with a plastic bag before raping him.

They then left him in the bush. No arrests were made.

Modise appealed to members of the community who could have witnessed the incident to come forward with information that might assist police in their investigation.[b]

South African MALE SURVIVORS of Sexual Abuse
www.samsosa.org
If your mind can perceive it and your heart can believe it, YOU can achieve it.