It has almost been 1 year to the day since I first disclosed the abuse I received as a child.
Although this was the hardest thing that I have ever had to do, it is slowly turning into one of the most positive actions I have ever taken in my entire life.
At the time I didn't have the same views on recovery as I do now. I struggled to believe that it was even possible, but what options did I have. Every coping method I had previously used didn't work. The alcohol,the drugs and every other way that we try and cope rather than face our past.

I am pleased to say that I use neither the alcohol or drugs anymore and I am a better person,father,friend and hopefully partner to a special person that is now in my life.

What has brought about this reflection is that this weekend I have the privilege of attending a weekend workshop with Mike Lew. I had read about Mikes workshops but never thought that I, for one, would ever have the chance to attend one of them.
It was only through fellow survivors from this site that I have this opportunity to attend the workshop.
For this I am forever grateful, for not only the forum, but for the many supporters and fellow survivors that make communicating in a open and supportive environment possible.

To all the people that have read my posts and commented or sent messages, I thank you. For me, just to know that even one person has taken the time to read what I have posted makes me feel like I am being heard and understood.
In know that many men that use this forum may be just starting to deal with their past. They may also be thinking that the road ahead is a long and hard one, and this in most cases is true, but also remind yourself that it can also be one of the most rewarding first steps you ever take.

Please believe in yourself, as others believe in you, and you will get to wherever you need to be.

Paul