My beloved is a CSA survivor. He recently confronted his abuser about 2 weeks ago. He's going to therapy twice a week and is so dedicated to his happiness and resolve concerning this issue. I really think he is such a champion and I tell him all the time. I love him so dearly. The thing is- he's so so so so sad. He feels empty inside- he doesn't say it, but I can feel it. Like this dark cavern that's sucking up everything that's good and leaving all the sh**. I don't know what to do, how to help, what to say, what not to say. I'm having a really hard time seeing him this way just because I love him so very much. I am angry at the person who did this to that sweet boy. I am angry at the evil in the world that is consuming him right now. I'm sad because he is sad. I feel totally powerless- I feel like there is literally nothing I can do to help. That may be true. Is there anyone out there who can maybe give me a clue on something that they maybe needed but never got- or something that someone did that really lifted them up in their hour of need? This afternoon is the first time that this issue got in the way of our relationship in an intimate nature. I don't want this to hurt what we have. Any advice- even books that would be good for me to read- would be great. A lot of the "how to help" books are geared toward helping women. Thank you for reading. I really appreciate it.
Sincerely,
me.