After a long absence from this board..I am back with a pressing question. First..a little background.I have been involved with a guy for 2 1/2 yrs off and on...He runs away..when we get too close...we are EXTREMELY close "friends"..we text, IM, email for HOURS DAILY...we see each other once in awhile..movies, meals, hanging out, etc. We talk about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING--there is NO romance....I would like there to be..he knows that..but he is going thru a 4 yr NASTY divorce..and says must be 100% platonic..so I accept that....

He just told me NOW..after 2 1/2 yrs he has issues receiving gifts..and I have given him gifts thru the years---that he has issues with receiving gifts..because he was given gifts to shut him up...yet he ADORES shopping for gifts for his kids and some friends...rarely gives me anything, though....

He says...if he is to receive a gift...he MUST give permission before a gift is given.

He has come so far..has a GREAT job...is a GREAT dad......but so much of his abuse...dispite an amazing amount of therapy..including 1 week inpatient...keeps haunting him. frown

THANKS for your comments!!