My new EMDR T has training and experience with DID clients, but none apparently like me. We haven't started processing yet. I'm 4 or 5 sessions in and we're still doing intake work.

Today, she suggested the possibility of medicating with an opioid antagonist (naloxone or naltrexone), and she gave me an article on it by Ulrich. F. Lanius, which is a chapter from Robin Shapiro's 2005 book EMDR Solutions: Pathways to Healing.

The naloxone (injected) and naltrexone (pill) are typically prescribed for heroin addicts because it blocks heroin's ability to bond with the brain. But apparently it can also prevent dissociation?

I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard about this or tried it. My T and I are going to have to work out details because she can't administer an injection of naloxone, so might have to meet her at a psychiatrist's office or something.

On one hand I'm excited that this could be something that might work for me; on the other hand, I'm not sure what to think when the EDMR T with DID experience suggests we try something she's only read about. I guess it's really that bad.

Anyway, thought?

Cant