Greetings all,

I am grateful to have found this resource and to be amongst others who have been through what I have.

I am in my late 30's and in the past few years have begun to deal with my sexual abuse. My abuser was about 10 years older than I, at the time I was in 5th grade. I didn't have many friends in the neighborhood and Mark had a Corvette, a speed boat, and a motorcycle; all the things that a 10 year old boy could really enjoy.

My dad was in his late 50's so he could not be as active with me as I may have liked, so in some way I believe Mark took his place in that respect. I learned later that my dad felt the same way about Mark.

Th abuse started after we had been friends for a short while. He told me it was a test to see how much I trusted him. I was blindfolded and he fondled me and had me fondle him.

He would usually blindfold me or take me to a completely black room so I could not see. This continued for a couple of years as best I can recall.

I guess I got too old for him, as I got more involved with friends my own age, we drifted apart. He moved away but returned to my home town eventually.

My strongest emotion towards him is anger. I only wish to get one good swing at him. I have debated asking some of the other kids in the neighborhood if they too were exposed to him. I simply don't want any other kids to have the same experiences I did. It saddens me to think that he may still be abusing kids and I feel some responsibility to ensure that he is not.

Have any of you taken the path of bringing an abuser to justice? I feel somewhat strange calling friends I haven't talked to in 20 years to ask if the resident pedophile made advances towards them but I don't know of any other way. I feel my story will be more credible if I have others who were also abused by him.

Thank you for letting me ramble on and I look forward to participating in other discussions here.

Mark