Will I also was diagíd with ADHD back in the 80ís took ritalin too, happily Iíve been off of pharmaceutical drugs for over 20 years. I think some people are just different, some people have laser-beam focus of thought, but without a real need to focus our attention on, we flounder like a fish out of water, we can only focus on things we deem important or like, not what someone tells us is important. I also wonder if itís an evolved survival skill those that can turn it on no matter what is going on around them; tune it all out except for that thing over there that might hurt us; its needs all our attention. We just arenít like everybody else, compound this with amercian societies need for a ďcookie-cutterĒ approach to education and it just seems to make things worse and our lives hell, so now they give you drugs, wtf; we take the smartest and brightest most creative individuals in our society and drug them up so they can fit their ideas of what we should be into us, what a country we destroy those that can lead the way to a better world by not letting them be themselves.

As to dealing with it I self-medicate; caffeine; not in quantities your thinking about, but imagine waking up in the morning (5am)and drinking a pot of espresso before 10am, thatís what Iím talking about, no cream or sugar either, just black; and continue to imbibe coffee until around 7pm. Even though I no longer drink I still manage to get about 5 hours of sleep a night Itís not a cure all but I think itís so much better than taking god knows what, with whatever side-effects, understand Iíve been in IT for years and 99% of what I do is shear monotony, but the trill and exhilaration of being able to get things working when the shit hits the fan is all worth it, even it means staying up for 3 days, kinda like being a young man in the Navy and being up for weeks.

Cee

T. Paine