I am going to come right out and say it. There is polarization here. No doubt about that. I have been a member for some time, and I am only in my late twenties. I have come and gone a few times. Truth is, I see more posts about what makes us different from one another then I do about what makes us similar. That might sound like a blanket statement, but consider how many SSA vs. Gay threads that have popped up over the last few years. Or even the what makes people gay questions that arise.

I certainly understand the need to explore those questions. But when I see people asserting themselves in a way that draws a clear line between "us" and "them" I have to ask myself what good that does. CSA affects everyone differently, but there are emotions that we have in common. The explosion of CSA reports has brought on its fair share of challenges, and as a community grows, full participation becomes more difficult. I do agree that a heartfelt welcome is important. I rarely hear "Welcome to MS, I am sorry you have to be here, but glad you found us."

Things change and that is inevitable, the wise men, the vets they part ways and move one. Hopefully to lead full lives. And as the door continues to swing open and closed, it's my sincere hope that we as a community can evolve together and continue to help each other in ways that are thought to be impossible for those just coming to terms with CSA. I could not have understood the impact that abuse has had on my life without the help of the many men who took their time to settle my frantic mind.

We share so many similarities. Our differences seem insignificant when we think about the reason we are all here in the first place. Heal well brothers.

Daniel