It's too bad therapists can't offer a 1 session "free trial." I would refuse to pay over $100 for a re-victimizing guilt trip.

I don't understand how a so called "therapist" could think that being co dependent is related to sexual assault. I have had therapists and hospital social workers say dumb things to me, too. One hospital T asked me if I was sexually attracted to the guy who attacked me... not only am i not at all attracted to men but it's hard to be sexually attracted to someone who is beating you and forcing you to do terrible things.

Rape is violence. You didn't deserve it then and you don't deserve to be marginalized now. It's not a matter of being "co-dependent" (your "so 1980's" comment did make me laugh) or whatever psychobabble people are coming up with now. You were victimized and you deserve the SAME care and concern that is given to female survivors and male CSA survivors.

I'm happy that you found another T that is working out better. Let us know how it is going.

- Saint John of the Cross