Pero look at this thread from the start; certain members took it upon themselves to publicly condemn another member for “homophobic” comments, wouldn’t a PM have been more appropriate, to publicly call out another member for inappropriate language especially when it seems it was genuinely written from the heart is just wrong, if not cruel, if anything our abuse should make us more understanding of each other’s problems, seeing a member is vehemently homophobic and has a major problem with it and is posting about his distress is not a reason to call him out publicly with his issues, or to call for a change in site posting guidelines and increased “adult supervision”. All of us here should know the power of silence; the power of doing what your told, never question right or wrong, shut up and take it, our abuse should show us that holding on to an un-popular belief (our abuse) is a righteous cause, no matter how sick and twisted we have become in our minds, we have to speak for those that can’t, those that are no longer here, to ensure everyone has an equal seat at the table; not “some pigs are more equal than others”.

As to a post “triggering” yes the responses to the original post triggered me, to a time and place when I was 13 and voiced a truthful but offensive opinion, no one, not even myself had the courage to stand up for what’s right. Understand I’ve already admitted both that the original opinion posted was homophobic and offensive however using the “nuclear option” in response is far worse, it’s trying to silence a lone voice, someone like ourselves, someone who knows true horror, someone who knows what being alone means.

Cee

T. Paine