Eric - i don't deserve this anger.
send it where it belongs - outside of MS!

OK, here's what i mean by neutral:

i was abused by males and then called a queer for being the passive victim. at various times in my life - years at a stretch - not just fleeting feelings - i have identified with macho heterosexuals who are considered normal by society - and at other times with gays who are considered abnormal by the prejudiced majority. i have felt and thought nearly every single thing that each of the posts above describe. like i said - i can see (AND FEEL - since i have been there) both points of view. i understand the issues.

what i am saying - is - everyone, please be kind and understanding with one another. i am not the enemy. the original poster is not the enemy. no one is attacking any one individual's personhood or value. we survivors - of all people - should know that recovery is a process. the things written here are not the bottom line. we all need to have the freedom to work through our battles with whichever particular demons we have to fight. trying to self-censor and conform to someone else's sensitivities would be more reasonable if he were responding to your thread - not the other way around. this is a major hijack! he's got enough to try to handle right now - it's not helpful to pile on more guilt for having triggered or hurt you. this thread is not the place for a societal reformation. it is one survivor dealing with his painful past - as we are all trying to do.

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago