Each may mean it in a different way, but I would take acceptance as something like "don't feel ashamed of yourself, we want to help and are glad that you're here".

As people have said, it can get better. It takes time. Talking is the key, I think, but talking to people who support you and are safe people, rather than anyone who will shame you or tear you down. It's not just the talking that makes it better, but talking about the most painful or shaming things and then getting love and understanding as a response, rather than being shamed further.

I have found it helpful to read up about soldiers' PTSD, which I find helps me understand myself more in some cases even than books about abuse do, though of course those are really helpful and important to. I gather you're probably already on that track from your signature, but just wanted to mention it anyway. I don't enjoy so much the technical books and manuals as just stories of individual soldiers and what it's like for them.

One sees even just on this forum, but especially from real life, that those who go through great suffering and survive and try to live rightly often have a wisdom and compassion and insight that so many "normal" people lack. There are benefits, if one can call them that, that come with the tortures. With time the tortures can diminish and the benefits increase.

All the best,

Ninja_Turtle