I've found more references to the clandestine services experimenting with administering LSD to children in the 1950's.

There is a book, ACID: A New Secret History of LSD, by David Black, Ken Thomas.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0802130623/

Originally Posted By: ACID: A New Secret History of LSD by David Black, page 42
At one stage they even considered supplementing the roster of prostitutes with 12-year-old boys but, as one ex-agency source assured John Marks, even in the CIA mind control department, 'the idea of a 12-year-old boy was more than anyone could stomach.'

This would be funny if it weren't so sad. Who can control the mind of a 12-year-old boy?

The context of this quote is that some high-level committee was talking about using LSD as a drug to manipulate human behavior. They set up a room in San Francisco where prostitutes could administer LSD in an attempt to produce blackmail photography. The room had two-way mirrors so they could observe the effects. They also had one of these in Greenwich Village in NY. They apparently considered using 12-year-old boys instead of prostitutes, but rejected the idea.

But let me raise the question, in case I need to, Why did they specifically talk about 12-year-old boys? The answer seems to me to be that they had actually considered it before rejecting it. They had already gathered some preliminary data on using 12-year-old boys.

They had already experimented with at least one 12-year-old boy. I was one of them. I'm glad that for whatever reason I influenced them to reject the plan.

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (01/20/13 09:42 PM)