Originally Posted By: Luftraumm

been almost empty of desires and completely unproductive.
Been closed in a circle of MBing, watching p0rn, playing videogames, hardly leaving the house...
I'm craving sex all the time, my gf has been distant the last few days, (about this relationship i realy need help, but i'll leave it for later, to focus a little better on it), i've been sleeping really awful, eating badly, having MAJOR issues with body image, and quite frankly clamped up inside.

is this a cycle of trggering?
am i just experiencing some form of depression?

Lu -

i don't think i'd call it triggering. but it is definitely not healthy. as i understand it, triggering is a strong reaction to some sensory stimulus - whether a sight, sound, smell, touch, taste, words, music, event - that takes you back to re-experience trauma as a flashback, to have a panic attack, or to react severely that emotions are either extreme and out-of-control or shut down to a zombie-like state.

what you are dealing with, however, sounds pretty typical of what many of us have gone through when we first started dealing with abuse memories. and i had almost exactly the same list of behaviors for a while. it is a terrible, miserable place to be. but it will not last forever. keep working at dealing with it - with help if at all possible - and the symptoms will decrease eventually. try to find more positive and productive ways of coping with the darkness. i don't have a magic wand to make it go away - but i hope knowing that it is pretty common will help.

Lee

Edited by traveler (01/09/13 08:06 AM)
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself... And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity." - Paulo Coelho