Originally Posted By: Jude
I disclosed my CSA to them which was generally a good experience for me and them.
they all told me about an experience they had at an all boys sleep-away summer camp that made them uncomfortable.
Am I making too much of this? I know I'm more sensitive and suspicious then most fathers because of my own past. But man this just isn't sitting well with me. Anyone have a similar experience?

Jude - so glad that your talk with your sons was positive.

that story would have triggered me in a major way, too. i don't think you are making too much of it. my experiences in locker rooms, communal showers and scout camps in my middle-hi school years make me very wary of such situations. the compulsory nature of it and the fact that there were adults, teens and pre-pubescent boys all together makes it so open to abuse - or if nothing else - triggering reactions in boys who may have already been abused. not to mention the unfair and harmful effects of the inevitable comparisons and jokes and put-downs. it is totally different when it is voluntary - all-one-age and free of pressure.

i just returned from several days at a beach resort (in a tropical area of Asia) and while there observed a family that was letting their 5-yr-old(?) son swim nude in the pool. there were non-family members present - including several older adult males of western origin - and it gave me the creeps to see them all there in the pool together. maybe i am the one with the problem - thinking such things - but i don't think you can be too careful!

Lee
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself... And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity." - Paulo Coelho