Originally Posted By: Jude
I disclosed my CSA to them which was generally a good experience for me and them.
they all told me about an experience they had at an all boys sleep-away summer camp that made them uncomfortable.
Am I making too much of this? I know I'm more sensitive and suspicious then most fathers because of my own past. But man this just isn't sitting well with me. Anyone have a similar experience?

Jude - so glad that your talk with your sons was positive.

that story would have triggered me in a major way, too. i don't think you are making too much of it. my experiences in locker rooms, communal showers and scout camps in my middle-hi school years make me very wary of such situations. the compulsory nature of it and the fact that there were adults, teens and pre-pubescent boys all together makes it so open to abuse - or if nothing else - triggering reactions in boys who may have already been abused. not to mention the unfair and harmful effects of the inevitable comparisons and jokes and put-downs. it is totally different when it is voluntary - all-one-age and free of pressure.

i just returned from several days at a beach resort (in a tropical area of Asia) and while there observed a family that was letting their 5-yr-old(?) son swim nude in the pool. there were non-family members present - including several older adult males of western origin - and it gave me the creeps to see them all there in the pool together. maybe i am the one with the problem - thinking such things - but i don't think you can be too careful!

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago