Originally Posted By: Lancer
A couple questions. For those of us with PTSD, sound like you? And how much bullshit do people normally tolerate?

i used to take any and all sh!t that was being handed out. in fact, i'd volunteer for it. i felt like everything was always my fault - even if no one was assigning blame, i'd feel responsible and beat myself up over it endlessly. i'd cave in to anyone about anything and just roll over and play dead.

as i "improve" in my coping ability, i also have decreased the amount of crap i am willing to accept from others. this is most notable in my reactions to authority figures. it's not so much "no more mr. nice guy" as "no more mr. door mat." i have spoken up strongly - but decently - in several situations recently - both one-on-one and in group meetings. but - yeah - walking away will be the next step in a couple of on-going conflicts if they are not resolved soon. sometimes it is just not worth the effort to keep on putting energy into it.

i don't know how much other people - as in "normal" people - are likely to tolerate. how would you know? everybody has some issues that are not obvious on the surface.

Lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9