Over the holidays I had the chance to sit down and talk with my oldest sons aged 25, 27, 29. I disclosed my CSA to them which was generally a good experience for me and them. I also asked them directly if anyone ever touched them inappropriately when they were boys. They all said no, but then they all told me about an experience they had at an all boys sleep-away summer camp that made them uncomfortable.

The camp was on a lake, and the kids lived in cabins there. There were no showers, just a latrine. The kids went swimming every day....and were required to go naked. The adult men and teenaged counselors were naked with them. No one ever touched my boys, but this practice was never disclosed to the parents.

When they told me this my throat got tight and my stomach began to turn over, but I kept my composure. I keep thinking about this.......I know its fairly normal for guys hiking and camping in the wild to skinny dip when they have the chance. I've done that myself. But this was probably 60-75 prepubescent boys with about a dozen teenagers, and half a dozen grown men, swiming naked every day. If I had known this was their practice I never would have sent my boys there. I asked them why they didn't tell me about this at the time and they couldn't remember.

Am I making too much of this? I know I'm more sensitive and suspicious then most fathers because of my own past. But man this just isn't sitting well with me. Anyone have a similar experience?
That's why I'm telling you
I just want to celebrate another day of livin'
Rare Earth