I have been seeing a new T since September to get ready for EMDR. He's a probably-gay (*not that there's anything wrong with that*) LMFT with a PhD from a local mainline protestant seminary. He's been doing EMDR for about a year, but just received his training for EMDR for dissociative clients.

I took the dissociative questionnaire for him, which felt really exhausting to do, even though it was only about 30 questions. After consulting with his EMDR guru, he told me he didn't feel ready to do EMDR with me.

What was the red flag? Answering yes to the question, (paraphrase:) "Have you ever met a stranger who claims to know you?" (specifically, sex partners. This has happened at least once. "Don't you remember me?" <<chills>>).

He has referred me to another local EMDR person who has done a year-long training course in EMDR for full-blown DID clients.

A temporary set-back, perhaps... but only because my new T finally understands what it is he's dealing with when it comes to me.

My T is going to accompany me to the new EMDR T and follow my therapy as a case study. I've given him permission to share my case with the new EMDR person.

Cant