Please donít feel defeated by the process of recovery. The tools are there, recovery can happen, Ghosts of the past really canít hurt us. It can get better.

I donít read the forums too much anymore. I know people need to vent but we have to be careful not to overwhelm each other with sadness and negativity, and see we can regain much of what was lost. I know we can, I see those few I am really close to from MS making strives every day. You have to seek out the positive here and learn first-hand good men are healing and giving up nothing in life that counts. It is not meds, not Therapy etc that made the difference. Itís a desire to heal, love, & laugh, help others that matter and make the difference.

I am watching a non-survivor who is very important to me struggle with a painful and serious health condition now. Heís angry, sad, and scared too . But heís refusing to give in and is determined to overcome his challenge. We can too.

I've sat and worked with many Hurricane survivors who lost everything they had and yet are thankful to be alive. So should we.

Iím really not sure recovery comes from the past at all anymore. I think it comes by letting it get better today.