I’m disappointed to add here I am no longer associated with this group and cannot recommend it.

It’s no longer the healing environment I’ve tried to create, where men can talk about their victimization without interpretations or judgements other than exploring their own, with the perspectives of other men with similar experiences. Many have said how enormously helpful that is.

I don’t believe (convicted or not) sex offenders belong in a group of non-offending male survivors, but on this, I am overruled by the professionals at NIP. This was my policy: no adult (over 18) perpetrators (regardless if he was “caught” and based on his own statement as such).

Repeatedly I’ve heard staff say things stating or implying all male survivors are perpetrators. That simply isn’t a scientific viewpoint, and it’s the worst of the external judgements on survivor experiences that keeps us “stuck”. We all need to be responsible for and examine our behavior, and sexuality is hard to “live” without mistakes, misunderstandings or flaws, especially given the confusing messages of abusive, forced or coerced experiences. It is gets impossible with the stigmas associated with people who have crossed the legal lines, and quite unfair to assume so when there is no evidence you have.

I'd consider reviving this group elsewhere if there was 1 or 2 men to jointly facilitate it. Message me.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard